Monday, July 30, 2007




At one point yesterday when it started to drizzle, I put the Sanford and Son theme on my ipod and played it repeatedly. Of course, there were no customers, so nobody but Sean and I found this funny.

We did sell a few things, but what really got the pile of crap in picture one down to the smattering of crap in picture two is the infamous FREE PILE. I think people must know about this phenomenon and therefore just wait until the garage sale is over then come by at night and pick through the remnants. Good for them.

The only thing that I found sad about this are the remaining pairs of super ugly shoes. Either of these could win an ugly shoe contest. The KISS boots used to be nicer, but now that some kind of blue spray paint got on them, they'd be perfect for the glam rocker who wants to maintain his identity during his day job at the construction site. The other pair of white macrame shoes with rubber dual-heeled soles are the culprits in my first bout of serious back pain fifteen years ago. I haven't worn the things since, but I haven't been able to convince someone else to take them either. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment