Thursday, July 05, 2007



Jordan Rosenfeld has tagged me "It." Jordan has a non-fiction book on crafting a scene due out this fall. Yeah Jordan! I generally hate tag and all tag-related games, but since I love Jordan and because it's not just me, but lots of "its" all over the land of blog, I will comply. Welcome to yet another interesting way people connect, promote and maybe even gloat in this weird voyeuristic universe.

Here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Well hot damn, no one's ever called me a "player" so let's hit it.
1. Last night I watched this movie about the attempted coup against Chavez in Venezuela. Very interesting.

2. Last night I also watched about three minutes of Tony Danza practically having a heart attack trying to dance and sing really badly though his opening number at the D.C. 4th of July hoopla-thingymabob. Very bad.

3. I don't have a book to promote, so I'll promote Funk Shui instead. Their old album will kick your ass but the new album out next month will kick MY ass (and folks, that's a lot of booty).

4. I once rented Edward Penishands from a store called "American Family Video." Go figure.

5. When I used to listen to Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight" coming from the tape deck of our station wagon, I thought they were referring to ice cream sundaes at HoJos. I still have that tape, I still like that song and I still love ice cream.

6. I have a literary crush on Stuart Dybek because he writes about Chicago the way I hope to write about Portland.

7. Back in our college days I had a regular old crush on the man who designed this amazing lightbox

and imagined that some day in the future I would "convert" him to my team. I'm hoping to get one of these as a reward for (a) not attempting an actual conversion and (b) 18 years of friendship.

8. I'm a little drunk.

Okay, so that's the deal. Now I'm tagging these people, some of whom I know, some of whom I picked randomly and some I stole off Jordan's list. So there.
Hotel Overshare
Linera Lucas
Life's Persistent Mysteries
Guide for the Careering
Side Dish
Welcome to Blog
The Urban Emigrant
Myfanwy Collins

4 comments:

  1. AWEsome! I love you for doing this just for me :) Or mainly for me.

    I believe that Myfanwy will be awhile--she just had a baby. But I hope Colin (Urban Emigrant) complies.

    Now, Edward Penishands, I raise you one Harry Twatter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye, I don't mind doing it (my entire blog is comprised of random facts about me, so take your pick, essentially), but I can guarantee it's going to piss off everyone that I send it to.

    DAMN YOU!

    Love you too!

    p.s. You kids are obviously NOT on MySpace... you'd get three of these a day... i'm just sayin'...(MySpace sux, btw.. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh oh, I'd better get this done today or tomorrow, because Tin House starts on Sunday, and I will be invisible to the regular blogging world until that is over.

    but thanks, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 cracked me up!

    So anyway, I've been double-tagged (Susan DiPlacido got me, too), which I guess means there's no getting around it.

    It'll take me a few days, but I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete