Saturday, July 14, 2007

I have a friend that paraphrases Camus at me, something about writers not showing their doubts, and sometimes I think this is good policy. But I'd also like to note that I don't always exclude myself from that group of people I put down in yesterday's post, the ones with stories worth telling and writing but not necessarily publishing. There is too much far too much mediocrity in the world of writing. As a girl with a well-off suburban childhood and a happy adulthood, I have to face the fact that I'm going to have to up the ante as far as language, observation and imagination go. Nobody needs another dull romp through the ennui of suburbia. Nobody NEEDS any of it so I better make it good.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with writing evocative stories of happiness and contentment. Nothing wrong at all.

    I wish there were more written.

    ReplyDelete