Saturday, July 07, 2007


Lucky day. Lucky me. Berries make berry smoothies.



The sky is now streaked with that perfect orange-pink color but my view is slashed with wires and poles. I have to narrow my site on the smallest little part, on the evergreens many blocks away and pretend there is nothing in between me and that landscape.

This reminds me of the excellent Philip Johnson documentary "Dairy of an Eccentric Architect" that I watched the other night. At one point in the film he is showing off a huge Frank Stella sculpture and he talks about imagining he was very small and walking around in the caverns of contorted metal, then growing a little bigger so he could climb up to another part of the sculpture then coming back to his real size to enjoy the piece as a whole. I used to do this same thing on a plane while looking at the clouds, or with the patterned wallpaper of my bedroom. A little shift in perspective and the whole world is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment