Thursday, January 25, 2007


Oh, my cedar tree. My big old tree. It's one of today's sorrows that not only is my undersized yard too little for my oversized tree, but it is in danger of splitting and falling on any of a number of houses. It will have to come down and it will cost me the big bucks. Damn it. When I went out there with the tree guy I found a dead squirrel stripped of its skin lying in the needles on the ground like a gruesome omen. I will add it to the list of odd images that pin themselves to my dreams.

Tonight is my last night of training with Write Around Portland and this is, oddly enough, also a bit of a sorrow. Over our nights together this month, I have come to enjoy the time spent writing and talking about writing in each other's company. I'm looking forward to facilitating a workshop but I will also miss all the truly lovely people who have been learning the ropes along with me. I know that tomorrow they'll begin to fade in my fuzzy memory. I will only miss them now, before they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment