Saturday, January 06, 2007


I always wanted to live on this street. It's just a few blocks from the first house I lived in here and, though it's hard to tell in the blahness of winter, it has a charm that the already charming streets around it don't have. It's very narrow and the houses are close together. The trees arch over the road and everything feels very cozy. In the summer it always reminds me of a street in a beach town. I always imagined that I would actually be friends with my neighbors if I lived on this street.
And now I do live on this street, only not on this block. The charm here only runs a few blocks before emptying out onto a busier, broader, double yellow lined section of the street. Really, I'm lucky to live in the neighborhood at all, so I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that when you wish for something, be very very specific. I was supposed to learn that from some fairy tale or Bewitched episode or something, right? Well, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment