Tuesday, January 23, 2007



Maybe painting this complex a salmon pink did the whole thing in. I think the only business still open in this mish-mash of a building is a tiny hairdresser's place. I used to go the asian market here and buy weird fake meats in a can and these funny white rabbit candies that were both awful and addictive. I'm waiting for a developer to buy this lot out, tear it down and put up some condos. I wish, instead, that someone with vision and tons of dough turned it into something amazing and cool. An arts center with a music venue and artist studios. A community recreation center. Or maybe a giant discount store for mock duck and weird candy wrapped in edible rice paper.

1 comment:

  1. hey - enjoyed browsing your blog tonight. your book diagram looks cool. you go! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete