Wednesday, November 22, 2006


Tonight, I went to pick up a DVD and while waiting in line I picked a copy of "The Garden of the Finzi Continis" off the Foreign Film Oscar Winners shelf. Out jumped this crazy bug as if it had been waiting for days, maybe months, for someone to release it from its prison behind this movie box. I stifled a cry of suprise and watched as this big, brown, winged bug fled to the back of the man two places up from me. And there it sat. And it didn't move. And nobody seemed to notice it, not even the man on whose back it sat. Should I have tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, you have a giant bug on your back?" Should I have lunged forward, over the shoulder of the person in front of me in order to flick the nasty beast off the poor unknowing patron? Should I just have left the Finzi Continis alone, knowing I had no intention of renting them? Even as the man approached the checkout counter, the bug held on, waiting, perhaps, for a free ride out into the cool, damp air.

No comments:

Post a Comment