Wednesday, November 01, 2006


Short hair, long hair, no hair. The many faces of my young adulthood. I'm still friends with some of the other people in those photos. Some have drifted away. Others have been purposely cut. Such is the way. Regardless, I wonder what they are doing these days and if they ever have fits of slightly repulsed, slightly anguished nostalgia the way I have lately. I blame it on all the alterna-teen music I've been listening to. The Smiths are really very funny. Joy Division and Bauhaus and Brian Eno. Silliness all of it. And maybe it's because one of my characters is fixated on his past. Or maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of Stranger's With Candy episodes, which despite it's wonderful absurdity, rings a note of truth.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I WORK with the drummer from Gang of Four... HELLO? Dogs in Space soundtrack? Love will get you like a case of Anthrax! Going right into the Brian Eno track. NICE!

    And the Smith's kick ass.

    Does it say something about me that my hair is basically the same. I think it might.

    ReplyDelete