Monday, November 06, 2006


The key to listening to the universe is finding a good interpreter. What does it mean when I trip on the curb and smash my camera, and injure both the knee and shoulder that were already hurting? What does it mean when I have to chase my undeposited checks down the street and save them from rushing down the sewer (unlike earlier this week when the checks simply fell out of my pocket and were lost, unbeknownst to me)? What does it mean when I get teary over an ad against a local anti-abortion ballot measure?

Oh sure, I have some ideas about what I should do with all these signs, but really, my interpreter is EXTREMELY slow. I won't know what I should have done until I am long past the point of being able to do it. I can only hope that I'm supposed to take a short vacation in a few days because, damn it, that's what I'm going to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, interpreter here. Got held up by that damn Pony Express. Tell me why I keep taking it?

    The signs suggest that it is:

    Mercury in Retrograde.

    or, you're pregnant.

    Or, you need more caffeine.

    Or, Ginkgo Biloba extract

    Or, to hold a chimp.

    I'm just the interpreter--you still have to decide which interpretation is right.

    ReplyDelete