Thursday, October 19, 2006

Assignment #43 from Learning to Love You More:
Make an exhibition of the art in your parents house
The vaguely spanish courtyard paintings that seemd so cool in 1979. There is currently a war going on over whether these should be hung in the bedroom.

The ceramic monster and lidded rainbow pot that have been on display since I made them in fourth grade. They are mixed in with the real ceramic pieces in my parent's kitchen.


A remarkably dusty Hummel-style figurine made out of various shellacked chocolates given to my father to remind him of his years in the chocolate business. I remember my father thinking this was very clever at the time he received it. I'm pretty certain he would toss it in the garbage now if it wasn't holding such a prominent place on the mantel.

No comments:

Post a Comment