Sunday, October 08, 2006


After so many years of sending out submissions and tracking them, I suddenly realized today how sad it was that each time I open this file up most of what I see is reject reject reject. For my next procrastination project I will replace this line of rejects with a line of very neutral checkmarks. This will be a follow-up to my last procrastination project which was creating my new office space.


This was my bedroom for years before I realized that the slightly smaller back bedroom was shielded from 75% of the drunken WHOOOOooooos!!!! that bombard my street every night. Thanks to my departed roommate, I now have a warm yellow room to write in or, at least, a room to turn rejects into checkmarks. I have dreamed of this space for a long time and now I have it.
The fear descends. The real words, not these words, are waiting.
Getting what you wish for can be a real bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment