Friday, February 02, 2007


What is it like to live in a house with teeth?

This has been a good writing week for me because my paying work has been slow, Sean is on a job, and my best friend is out of town. A thrum of guilt grabs me when I feel how happy I am at being left so thoroughly alone. As Bjork says, I thrive best hermit style. And yet, I will never be the writer that embraces poverty and loneliness for the sake of their words. I like swimming in tropical oceans and going out to dinner with my beaux. I like gossiping with my friends over beers and wandering around my neighborhood with little purpose. That means it will take me years and years to tug this book out of me. So be it. We have a good little life, Sean and I tell each other. What we lack in ambition and drive we make up for in the little luxuries of the every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment