Wednesday, February 07, 2007


And so it begins. My big beast of a beautiful tree got sawed into a big toothpick today by my old roommate. The boy used to be a cook at a restaurant with amazing cakes. He would bring me cake and that made him a great roommate (among other reasons). Now he swings at my tree with a growling blade. Oh well.

I won't hug what remains of the tree, but really, I may just have to go apologize to it. As the branches went down, the sun, even the light gray sun we got today, came barrelling in. I will try and not make an enemy of it as it boils through my office window this summer. I will appease it with bamboo and whatever other tricky greenery I can convince to grow tall and taller.

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, I'm so sorry for this loss. I mean it. Trees have an amazing power to soothe us, and purify the air.

    xo
    J

    ReplyDelete