Friday, May 04, 2007


If I kept a plastic head in my window it would definitely scare me every time I came home at night. Instead of a mannequin, I've been thinking of putting an IMPEACH sign in my window. There are a few clients who might react poorly to it, but none that would be offended or surprised. Then, I think of the IMPEACH bumperstickers I've seen and realize that my first reaction to them is–yeah, right. That'll never happen. And yet, more and more every day, impeachment seems like the only solution for returning some kind of sanity to our country. Click here for some easy, fun DIY impeachment fun.

I have always thought of myself as a part of a generation whose apathy rose largely from cynicism. I can't recall a time that political figures weren't there to be mocked. I even remember doing my own Jimmy Carter imitation as an eight-year-old. What has surprised me lately is the extent to which the state of affairs has affected my general mood. I thought my cynicism would allow me to care less, feel less. What I find is that the ongoing evil has begun to poison my daily life in a small but ever-present way. And yet my lack of faith in the politicians and the political process keeps me from feeling like I could possibly make a difference. That's a lame excuse, but it might also be the truth.

I'll probably still stick an IMPEACH sign in the window and write a few letters. It might help water down the poison for a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment