Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Bird art, bird art, bird art. It's STILL everywhere, even though I'm pretty sure this trend is very much over. I'm so tired of it and I even own some of it. Now, I'm not saying nobody should paint a picture of a bird from here on out, but if you're going to do it, you're going to have to do something very new with it or something very very good. While I've often been a big fan of embracing your mediocrity, in this case, it won't stand up.

I have to take my own advice on this as well. As a person who is more or less trying to write a love story, taking the "good enough" stance I take with housecleaning, repairs, and dressing myself, is not going to get me anywhere.

So pick a new animal to paint and I will pick a new way to say I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment