Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Jack LaLanne's Exercises for Librarians and Other Bookish Types



Oh yes, the sloth is off as I suspected it would be. I guess I usually don't make much of the beige malaise because when I'm holiday-ing with family (particularly the less familiar extended variety) I automatically turn off most of my personality. For some reason I've have the idea that being as unobtrusive and inoffensive as possible makes the time go faster or at least easier. It's not really true. It only makes the time less confrontational. Maybe next year, when my cousin toasts the troops because they are fighting for our freedom I will, in turn, toast Dennis Kucinich or some other fine liberal for not buying the bullshit. Maybe I'll politely ask my sister what it is about the bible that she actually believes and why. And maybe I'll scare my uncle with a little joke involving a rusty trombone and a dirty sanchez. Holiday madness would ensue and I might never be asked back again. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment