Sunday, February 22, 2009

I never understood the full extent of my pet peeve against holiday and other seasonal flags until I saw this one. This is the flag that proves how silly all the other ones are. It was hard to get a good photo of it unfurled, but this is a homemade flag saluting mac and cheese. "Since 1990." It's brilliant and ridiculous and I love it.

If I were more crafty, I would make my own flag. Maybe an I heart Snooze flag. Or maybe a Celebrate Near Miss Day (March 23rd...the day in 1989 when the earth came within 500,000 of a mountain sized asteroid). The possibilities are endless...

2 comments:

  1. I would order an I Heart Snooze flag if you ever made one. I've got plenty of pix of my snoring dog, if you need a flag mascot image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets make great snooze mascots, don't they? My rather bitchy cat is never so sweet as when she is asleep, which is about twenty hours a day.

    ReplyDelete