Friday, March 02, 2007


My client was just telling me about her friend's new house. The yard had a few rose bushes in it, but other than that, the whole thing was covered in half a foot of rocks. This reminded me of my old rental, the cake house, where the landlady randomly came in one day, pulled out a dormant vegetable bed and put down a 5' x 5' square of concrete, the world's tiniest and ugliest patio. The things people do. . .

With the tree gone, I now have a clear view of the weirdness that is the trio of fences between me and my neighbor. 1. Picket fence bolted to some posts sunk in a low concrete wall. 2. Wind tattered bamboo fencing smashed in the middle (this is the most inexplicable layer) and 3. The relatively normal though not particularly beautiful fence of my neighbor.

I can't wait to pull out all this crap and plant some of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment