Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Excuses

I've had so little to say because:
  • I've been rubbing butts (and backs and achilles tendons)
  • The lengthy case of tendonitis I've been nursing has had me contemplating the end of my career and/or the beginning of my ability to predict the weather with my joints.
  • The Internet is pretty and shiny.
  • The Megavolcano in Yosemite Park explodes approximately every 600,000 years. The last time it went off was 640,000 years ago.
  • For ages, we've contemplated the end of our oil supply and now we will suffocate in the stuff because they can't make it stop.
  • I was given my very first car by some very generous friends and now I must confront all the reasons I never bought one (see above). The amount of space it takes up in my brain is appalling.
  • Writing is hard and researching agents is exhausting.
  • Matt Debenham's The Book of Right and Wrong, Lydia Davis' Varieties of Disturbance and Belonging, Nilofar Talebi's translations of Iranian poetry.
  • Rain in the form of sweet spring, wild & tempestuous, sunshower, two-minute downpour and when will it ever fucking stop.
  • Weeds needed pulling, branches needed lopping and just look at the inky spill off the tongue of that iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment