Friday, April 13, 2007


These are the goalpost trees. Nice of someone to not just cut the things down. In the week I was in Mexico all the trees blushed green. The sight of them and the cool but not cold, partly sunny/partly rainy days have evoked a suprise attack of nostalgia in me. Nothing particular comes to mind, simply a sense of this season when I was a teenager and a young adult. I get flashes of walking home from school or crossing the college green and the pervasive sense of anticipation that accompanied me back then.

Twenty years later and I'm surrounded, quite literally, by the greener grass. This leaves me with little to long for other than that largely lost sense of not knowing but hoping, of waiting to become.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I've been having odd fits of nostalgia for the just going off to college years when my life felt open and painful and strange in the most wonderful way (probably because my 18 yr old bro is now going off for the 1st time).

    xo
    J

    ReplyDelete