Monday, May 21, 2007


I can't believe I forgot to brag about my new bike! I got a great deal/trade for this bike just by walking into the Write Around Portland offices at the same time a bike mechanic was there volunteering. The organization's director asked me a massage question and, long story short, I got an amazing new ride.

It was funny to watch the mechanic try to be diplomatic about telling me my old bike was a piece of useless crap. It served me well for the last twelve years (!) but I bought it for $100 off my roommate at the time, a woman who is many many inches shorter than me. I think it's done its duty and deserves to retire.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that my "being in the right place at the right time" juju hasn't been used up on this nice, but barely noteworthy event.

No comments:

Post a Comment