Monday, December 11, 2006


This is Carrie Underwood. Today, I flipped on the TV and saw her singing on Oprah. I was mesmerized. The girl had so much makeup on that it looked as though they had airbrushed her using some sort of two-second delay. Plus, she had on this weird gold cocktail/country denim outfit And then I listened to what she was singing. Apparently everyone in America knows this song and has put down actual money for it. For me, it was an introduction to a little thing called "Jesus, Take the Wheel."

So you're stressed out, haven't been to church in a while and you hit a patch of the deadly BLACK ICE. What's the best thing to do? Take your hands off the wheel and pray that Jesus will save your baby in the back seat. With faith returned, the mythical ghost will swoop down and steer the car into the spin the way the driver's ed teacher taught him. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. It's not your responsibility. Everything will be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing SO hard I may lose bodily function.

    ReplyDelete